Thursday, October 8, 2009

Organizing the Kitchen

These are my new babies. Go ahead, click the picture to see a larger version. What’s so special, you ask? Well, it turns out I am most definitely an obsessive-compulsive personality. Those jars you see? They turned me on. Why? Organization. Ughghhgh…

What you see are four 2-liter jars and four 1-liter jars. There’s more on the way, however, as we plan to add a few 3-liter jars to the mix to hold our bulk quantities items (sugar, flour, prostitutes… what?), as well as some smaller ones to hold other, often-used items in easy-to-reach, easy-to-use sizes.

I know I shouldn’t be so amorous over some glass jars, but c’mon… ORGANIZATION!

We had been just putting the overstock sugar, flour, coffee and the like in the freezer to keep it fresh/safe from ants, but the paper & plastic containers make a royal mess of the freezer unnecessarily. The prostitutes, you ask? No, we didn’t keep them in the freezer, that’s just cruel. Now the stuff can sit in the cupboard, sealed for freshness/ant protection, ORGANIZED, and is easier to get to and manipulate when we need to.

The kitchen’s coming along. We’re getting our systems down, we’re getting it to click, and make it as easy to work in and clean up. Obsessive-compulsive? Yes. So yes, the kitchen must be clean; I’m a big fan of staging areas, I love to have them all around. The jars are a big help in the big ORGANIZATION scheme in a big way. When we come up with & implement some of our other ideas, I’ll get you up-to-date.

In the meantime however, remember: treat your prostitutes well! I mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.