Wednesday, October 7, 2009

And then there were Three:


So the day finally came: Miles has left us. It came fast, from being happy & content, to being gimp & sad. He wasn’t doing well his last couple of weeks; in fact, Miles didn’t just randomly pass, I scheduled this day late last week. It seemed bad of me at the time, and in fact the day after I thought to myself that I might have jumped the gun. Butd Sunday solidified it for me, it was the right decision, if a hard one.

He couldn’t got potty. OK fine, laugh, you want me to not say it kiddie? Fine. He couldn’t SH!T, OK? He danced around four or five times before he could even get into position to do it without falling over first. And then, it took him three passes after he started to get to the finish. And then with just a day or two to go, he started pooping out his insides on top of it all. Never a good sign, right? I mean, typically, you want to keep your insides inside & vice versa.

It was time. Clearly. Miles will be missed. My first ever Favorite Dog.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.