Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ding Dong, the witch is dead, the witch is dead... ;-)


Back to normal
After a week of mother-in-law in town, we’re back alone, back to normal, and back to sex! No, not really. Too damned tired for that right now. Which, I guess is back to normal! Yay!



Sleepy because: bad news
Miles isn’t doing hot. Luckily he has made it long enough to see everyone he knew from the old days that he’s going to get to see before he goes; I think the time draws near, unfortunately. 

He’s been sleeping in my room for the last three weeks. We started this because the pups were just all over the guy trying to take care of him and basically just caring so much that it was an annoyance to poor ol’ Miles. Sleeping behind a closed door with his daddy had been a nice, peaceful break. However, that seemed to stop a few nights ago, as he’s now too uncomfortable to make it through much of the night actually sleeping.

Instead, most of our nights together consist of him dragging his self around and panting loudly, and us (me especially) sitting up to make sure he’s doing “OK”  — as OK as a cancer-stricken 13y/o dog with a broken him can be — and doesn’t need to go out to use the bathroom. And I mean it, too — this is most of our night. I felt bad, but at some point this morning I had to kick him out of the room, because I needed more than 45 minutes of consecutive sleep, dammit.

I put his bed out in the hallway corner, let him out to pee, and when I eventually got up two hours later, where did I find him? Outside still.

And I’ll mention too that he didn’t eat this morning. I poured him some food, he just laid down and looked away instead. Miles, okay? Miles doesn’t turn down food. This is obviously serious business.



Quick movie update
While mom-in-law was here, we watched something called National Geographic: Extreme, which was supposed to be Hi-Def heaven, following around extreme sportsmen (and women!) into the wilds of our planet, thrill seeking. Let me save you the trouble: it sucked. The music was corny 90% of the time, I didn’t care to hear voiceovers from the lame as though they were great wisdom sources or something, and I can only watch a snowboarder carve a mountain path so many times before I a) can’t tell the difference between the cutscenes, and b) just don’t care anymore.

Also watched The International last night. Stars Clive Owen. How was it? Well, I had thought that perhaps it would be a suspenseful movie full of suspense ‘n’ stuff, what with the look on Clive Owen’s face on the trailers and such. Little did I know beforehand that Clive Owen always looks like that, apparently. It, too, sucked, and actually sucked much harder, because it was a) longer, and b) I still didn’t care anymore.

I didn’t bother giving either of these movies their own blog, because? Well, they don’t deserve it. They’re both b-rate entertainment that isn’t bad enough to warrant their own narrative nor were they good enough to deserve praise. They are b-rate mediocrity and proud to be.



Battlestar Galactica Finale
I watched this and just wanted to let you know I did. I have an opinion on it and plan to share, but for now just wanted to say: I can’t wait for Lost to come out on disc so I can continue watching. Love these types of shows, Lost especially. 

OK, Peace out.

3 comments:

  1. Sad Little Tortilla GirlOctober 5, 2009 at 12:53 AM

    OK, so this was posted five days ago. Is he still alive? Will you put him to sleep, so that he's not in pain anymore? I'm so sorry, Cal. I really am. I love Miles. I hope you're doing well... as well as can be expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CURRENTLY, yeah he's still alive. It's Monday. His appt. is for Wednesday, so try back then :-(

    I hope that was a question and not a request! ("will you put him down...") Heck, you try having to put your kid/best friend down, see what it's like, right? Yeah I was always going to do it before it turned into suffering, but the thing is it's hard to tell. He's had some sh!tty days followed up by some "hey look he's smiling I think" days. I didn't want to put him down because he was a burden to US, I wanted to make sure he got the most out of his last moments. But Wednesday's the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still Sad Little Tortilla GirlOctober 6, 2009 at 1:31 AM

    Haha! Yeah, that was a question, not a request. I always figured you'd be the type to put him down before he got to suffering. I know it must be extremely hard for you. Although I loved my childhood cat and had a very difficult time putting her down when she had a huge tumor in her belly, I didn't EVEN love her as much as you love Miles. We all know it had to happen, just so sad that he can't live forever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.