Monday, April 6, 2009

Canon SD1000: Crap & Crappier

Typically my work has the scheduling into the future posted at least three weeks out, sometimes a full month. What I’ve done for about the past year, is to whip out my camera and take a picture of each new week as it’s posted.

Yes, I whip it. I…
whip it good.

Anyway. People would always question this, saying it was overkill, why not just
write down my schedule. You know, with pen & paper or such. But it always made a lot of sense to me, especially when other people would constantly have to call and verify what time they’re supposed to be in tomorrow, or if they’re in at all, or hey, who are they working with, et cetera. Me, I have photographic record of this. If I think I copied it to my calendar wrong, I just ‘look’ at the schedule. And I always have easy access to everyone else’s as well, so I know who I am and am not working with.

Well, up until about a month ago anyway. Because –
you’ll never guess – one of our Canon SD1000’s died. I know, a real shocker now isn’t it.

It wasn’t mine that gave up the ghost again, actually. This time it was
The Girl’s again. But since she takes more pictures than I do (gotta have those myspace mug shots of everyone, yo), she’s sort of taken over camera duties and has thusly taken away mine, that-barely-works-so-who-cares-not-me-that’s-who.

Except of course that now I have to write down my schedule all the time. And sometimes call in and verify when I’m suppose to come in, and
hey, who am I working with, anyway?

Gets old. MAN! I cannot stress this enough: Avoid Canon’s lower-end ELPH cameras. They’re magnificently unreliable. A year now, and we’ve had 4 major technical malfunctions that required send-in, and 6 if you count total incidents. And it’s not as though we’re using them as lightsabers or something; we pouch them about in padded – um,
pouches – and take them out to snap pictures. That’s what they’re made for, right?

F*ck, maybe they
are lightsabers, and we’ve been doing it wrong all this time. That would almost make sense at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.