Friday, February 20, 2009

I don't like Brad Pitt

I just… gaaah, I just don’t. I have just now returned from watching a new trailer over at apple’s Movie Trailers website, this time having viewed Inglorious Basterds. It’s a new film from Quentin Tarantino, who makes movies that aren’t really that coherent or valuable. Anyway, this isn’t about him; it’s about Brad Pitt.

Go and watch the damned trailer. Watch his performance. Cringe. Then return here!

He’s been in like 40 or something movies. Two of these are worth watching,
Se7en, and Snatch. Now I will give him credit where credit is due: he gave a wonderful performance in Snatch. Se7en on the other hand, sort of sucked a minor bit. Yes look, I know it’s highly-acclaimed and all, it stars Kevin Spacey & Morgan Freeman – two of my favorite actors – but here’s what I’m saying: that movie was everything it was despite Brad Pitt. He brought nothing to the film short of some bad script reading & ill-placed everything. Making a face? Bad time for it. Making a noise? Wrong noise. Being Brad Pitt? Wrong actor.

He never adds anything to a film. He’s always Brad Pitt, in a role in a movie (Snatch being the exception). It’s like he shows up from pretty-boy class, gets handed the script, reads the three lines for the scene, and then they shoot. That’s every Brad Pitt Moment in cellophane. He just sucks as an actor.

There, I said it. I feel better now. And he’s not really that pretty either. It’s true, ladies.

I really hope that he & Angelina Jolie sort of implode and never make another movie ever again. And I hope that Quentin Tarantino takes note, and stops while he still has a shot at life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.