Monday, March 2, 2009

What's wrong with Myspace & Facebook

Simply put, they’re not mine.

If I want to tell my friends what I’m up to, I have to go to their
myspace page or facebook wall or whatever and say it. And then I have to say it again, for each of my friends.

And believe me, with all three of my friends, it gets tiring
rather quick…!

I recently made a facebook account at the emailing of a long-lost coworker from years passed. But in dorking around with it for a few days, it’s like myspace but without the music it seems. Oooh, a
wall… What the hell, am I supposed to update it all the time with useless junk? That’s what I do here. Plus I just think differently about it. I don’t want to share dumb little excerpts about the build-up to an event.

“Bob is really excited for the weekend”
“Bob is getting ready to go to work”
“Bob is chopping bodies up into small unidentifiable pieces”
“Bob can’t believe it’s not butter”

Eh, it’s just not my style. Rather, I’d prefer to tell a whole story. Yes it’s after the fact, but that’s when all the fun stuff happened, I’d rather share that with you than the boring prologue.

I figure, why bore you to death with the build-up to an event, when I can bore you to death with the details of the event, and add in a whole bunch of ancillary stuff that may or may not have even happened? Keep you guessing, you know?
Did he REALLY get lectured by a homeless sex-change-monger?

Wouldn’t you like
to know

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.