Friday, August 1, 2008

Grey Young, Back to Heavy Lifting, Acronyms attacking, & Pop Music

Grey @ 28
I awake from a nap yesterday, and The Girl is playing with my hair with the utmost intent. What was she up to? Trying to pluck a grey hair from my head. HOW DARE SHE!!

Yeah for some strange reason, I want to keep it. It’s not the first one I’ve gotten, I’ve had one or two pop up before, and I just wonder: is it normal to have grey hair before you’re 30? I don’t know. Seriously. I mean, they come, they go (without being plucked), and I’m not sure if it’s normal or not. But whatever, I sort of look forward to my Salt & Pepper.

I think I’ll wear it well!



Back to Heavy
So the last week (that I’ve been on vacation) I have been back to going heavy in the gym. Which, incidentally, is in the garage. I’m splitting my workouts up again for the next 4-5 weeks, doing each body part separately (where before I was combining opposites – back & chest, biceps & triceps, etc).

Feelin’ good. One rotation down thus far, and I’m matching my recorded maxes (at least since I moved up here). So I figure 5 rotations later or so, I should have added about 20lbs to my large muscle group exercises, and hopefully 10lbs to my supporting muscle group exercises. Then I’ll go back to lighter, more correct reps for a while before cycling back.

Eventually, I’ll be
lumberjacking it again. Probably around Christmas.



Gaaahhh! Acronyms!
I don’t know why they can’t just make a law a law without some “catchy name” or some jazz. I mean, “No Child Left Behind?” Gay. But you know what’s worse? When they come up with an acronym and make up words around it. I give you HANG-UP.

I mean, holy sh!t. Get over it. Are you really wasting time trying to push legislation to have people not talk on cell phones? That’s what you deem important?

I almost feel like booking a flight with some of them and just talking up a storm. To make a point. That point being:

There are other things that maybe you should be putting effort into, instead.



Pop Music
OK, it’s not just me, right? I mean, doesn’t every new Tool song song just like every other new Tool song? Seriously. I think someone should maybe turn the page on their song sheet. Because I think they’ve been playing the same song all this time.

Also on this front:
System of a Down. Their new stuff is not nearly as good as their old stuff. I have heard a few songs off their new album recently. I’m not impressed. They have become whiny losers, it seems. Like, they sound as though they hooked up with Clay Aiken producing. This is not a match made in in heaven, dammit.

I hope they get back to being hard alt-rock. Sooner rather than later. Leave the corny heart-wanking stuff to Clay. He’s perfect for it. Being gay and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.