Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Shark Day

No Photoshop was used in the creation of this photo. That is a real, live shark.

?

Real, live…
dead… shark?

OK OK, how’s this: It’s a real photograph… of a wild-yet-dead shark that we came across… while walking along the beach yesterday morning. It was just me & the dogs (
Miles, Zoey, Chase, & Hunter OH MY!) on the outing, and we came across it as we were walking back. It’s obviously just a baby shark, at most 2-ft long. But it washed up completely intact, and as we came up to it, I was actually a little worried. Because I didn’t know how long it had been there, and I didn’t want the dogs getting too close and it lashing out on it’s last breaths and getting a mouthful of Lab or mutt, you know? I mean sh!t, look at these teeth:

IMG_1256



Yeah, you don’t want to be getting too close. What if it was a girl? And what if it was “that time” of the month? It’s mad, it’s bleeding, it’s bloated, and it also happens to be marooned on a beach? Watch out. Those’re some ferocious teeth, mang.



There were some other paths I was contemplating taking with this blog, other than the standard-issue descriptive narrative. One was along the lines of “meet my new attorney-at-will.” Considering the pic, I was also going to go with “Chase, the Shark Hunter.”

On that note: no lie, someone I know of saw the pic and asked if Chase had killed the Shark. You know, because people often send their land-based dogs into the water to hunt & kill the most fearsome killer of the oceans.
?

Anywho, this was a first for me, seeing a real, live…
dead… shark(?) wash up on the beaches up here. Thought I’d share. Really makes me reconsider my desire to learn to surf up here, though. I can just hear the corny 70’s theme Music from Jaws starting up right now.

Duh-dun… duh-dun duh-dun…

Anyway, here’s
a Photo Gallery of the damned thing. Enjoy that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.