Saturday, August 9, 2008

Scheduling woes & Vehicle Update(s)

Sometimes the scheduling makes no sense
I closed work down last night. This morning I was there bright & early, and opened it back up. Sometimes, in scheduling situations like that, I wonder why I don’t just sleep there. Because it’s not as though I’m doing anything else in-between the hours of midnight & 6am anyways, you know?



Taking Delivery tomorrow
After I got home today, I quick-like took the dogs out to the local delta to get them some exercise. When I get home, I hear the not-quite-familiar beep of the answering machine: someone’s left a message! (?)

It was Tauge (pronounced “Tygue”), our car sales-guy, letting us know our new Tacoma was in. Hot damn! So tomorrow when I get off of work (I open tomorrow again), The Girl & I will be heading down to the dealership to fill out the paperwork and hope that they don’t try any last-minute deal-changing maneuvers. A**holes (I’m being presumptive; sue me).

It’s not quite ready, though. They haven’t installed all the accessories on it yet, and we need to make a date to have that done. Why aren’t all my specified accessories installed yet? Because those’re extra, and I haven’t given them any money yet. If they install a bunch of custom options on it, and then I were to back out? Well it’s not like they can
undrill all those holes, now is it? So I don’t begrudge them that; they want to have signatures & money, I’m OK with that.

I’m actually surprised they got this far into it without having me actually
sign anything yet, to be honest.

But they’ve kinda caught me off-guard, though. I haven’t even so much as shopped for the shell yet. Well, not including stopping by a couple of websites. But I haven’t seen anything and priced it out yet, so damn… Need to get up to speed on that. Going to have this nice new doggy transporter, and not be able to transport them in it for a little bit, it seems. Oh well. I didn’t expect of them to find the truck and have it delivered so fast. My bad.



4Runner’s not ready yet, either
We have to get the 4Runner cleaned up for sale. This also means buffing out the red paint on the passenger-side door.

Whaaa….??

Oh yeah! Forgot to mention it here, didn’t I? At the beginning of my vacation – first day in fact! – we were all loaded up and headed out to one of the local rivers to play around. I saw a note on the window, and upon opening it was met with this: “OOPS! Sorry. For a Good Time Please Call…” OK OK, I made up the
good time part, but the rest is true.

Anyway, it turns out this lady ran into my 4Runner. With her
red car. It’s actually not that bad, but it needs to be rubbed out, which sort of presents a problem. Because the lady understandably doesn’t want to get taken to the cleaners for what is really a small-time thing. But I need/want to have my 4Runner be all-WHITE, and match as well, preferably. So right now, I’m trying to get her to be OK with paying to have the exterior-only detailed. Seems fair to me. I mean, it wouldn’t be necessary if it weren’t for the red paint, and anything less (paying for the door only) leaves me with at least two shades of white… and we’re not going to the insurance, either, so I think it’s fair.

Still though, it needs to get done before we list it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.