Thursday, October 16, 2008

McCain in the Final Debate of 2008

Well that’s done now. So what did we get out of it all?

McCain can’t do anything but “attack” and lie. Which is both dumb, and smart, I fear. See, he’s not talking about the issues, he’s instead attacking character. Well whether Obama’s a gentleman or an old fart is of less concern to me than what his stances are on policy. Not talking about policy means that you’re not telling me what’s better about your platform than his. However,
fear seems to be a powerful sway over the regular constituency. And it helps when the only policy issues he brings up he lies about, too. Combine fear with the other guy’s policy which you’re lying about, and that can be a deadly combo. Refer to election 2004, and election 2000.

I am seriously tired of hearing McCain conflate Obama’s tax scheme with “raise your taxes.” It’s simply not true. He’s trying to drive people to vote for him by insinuating to them that their taxes will go up if they vote for “the other guy.” It’s old. It’s tired. It’s much like McCain around 2pm in the afternoon, methinks. And it’s just not fair. Look, I want to debate politics, of which “policy” is root. To me it’s more important to hear how you think your plan will be better than to hear about how you think ACORN is perpetuating the biggest voter fraud scam in history (which isn’t true in the slightest; if anything they’re the victims of fraud, having paid people to register voters and they essentially getting paid for not doing that. And he knows it).

And the whole thing about his butthole being hurt because Obama didn’t repudiate the statements comparing him to George Wallace?
Untrue, too.

You know, last week he gained some major points with me for having set his rabid supporters straight about his nationality & such; this week he pretty much undid all of that. I mean, I wasn’t going to vote for him anyhow as I disagree with about 90% of his policy stances, but at least I could respect him as of last Friday; that’s not the case as of this Thursday, though.

Ho-hum. Doesn’t matter anyhow. I’m registered as a permanent absentee voter. And mine’s since been sent out. Even if Obama came out and said he endorsed McCain too, the vote’s already almost literally in the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.