Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Random Bob, now playing "Bad Daddy"

On our eventual landing at the river yesterday, we role-played a little. I played the part of “bad daddy,” and the dogs played the part of “scared little children.”

It was bad on my part, but also? Oh-so-funny. Although, ahem, I didn’t actually get to laugh at the situation, The Girl did, as I was the “doer,” and thus she was the sole beneficiary of the funnies. Doesn’t that make her more culpable than me, anyhow? She’s the bad guy here really, I think. Anyway. The story.

As we landed on the river, I let the dogs out to roam the span. But I didn’t really feel much like parking it and picnicking at the exit/entrance from upper levels to lower levels, just in case we ended up with company, and also so that the dogs would not have such an easy path to follow to an out-of-sight street. So I stayed in the Tacoma and ventured further down the bank to find a nice deep spot for the dogs to play in, with a nice landing for us humans to sit on. The dogs were occupied with
the mommy so they weren’t too concerned with my driving away.

Of course, I had to do something about this, no?

I found a spot, then drove back to pick up
the mommy. I had a smile so she knew I was up to no good, but I didn’t quite tell her, just told her to get in so that we could drive to the spot I had selected. Made the sure dogs were not in front of us, then I took off like a… well, like an off-road truck on rugged riverbed, but fast enough that the dogs apparently got worried as hell that they were being left behind. Like I said, since I was doing the “doing.” I had to keep eyes forward and concentrate on not driving us into a rut or the river or something, but The Girl got to enjoy the heck out of the ordeal at the dog’s expense. Apparently, they freaked out and started charging for us as fast as they could. I imagine was hilarious, as The Girl was laughing as hard as I’ve ever heard her laugh, to the point of breathlessness.

When we stopped and they caught up with us, I let the tailgate down to sit on, and they took it upon themselves to jump on up, so as to make sure they went with us. Took a minute or two of convincing that it was just a joke and they were safe to roam and frolic, but they got the point, I think.

Does that make me a bad daddy? No, I don’t think it does. A case could definitely be made for The Girl being a bad mommy though. I mean, how rude; laughing so vigorously at the puppies’ expense. She should be ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.