Monday, September 14, 2009

Movie: I love you, Man

We didn’t expect too much from it as we had heard not-so-glamorous things about the flick, so we went into the viewing maybe a few notches dialed back from “whoa this movie will be the best movie EVUR!>!11.11!!!” which is probably a good thing for any movie. But I’d like to imagine that indeed, the movie is still good on its own accord even without the low expectations.
It’s simple. It’s got a theme, it sticks to it all the way throughout, and the characters are true to form. What I liked about it and why I think it was a successful movie, was that the characters didn’t step out of form and the story didn’t reach into the unlikely to pull out an ending. What I mean is, have you seen Dan in Real Life? It’s a decent movie, but the ending was hollow and that had a definite impact on how I viewed the whole movie. After all, the journey’s as important as the destination, no? So when we got to the end and it was cheap, it sort of made me question everything we’d already watched thus far.
Not so with this movie though, it was more like Wedding Crashers. You know the characters – or at least get to know them – and they grow along the story in measured and realistic ways.
Of note: I just realized I cannot be funny in a post about a movie I like. I can’t do it. If it SUCKS BALLS then I can totally pull off humor, but as it stands, when I like a film and make a post, it’s always warm & fuzzy. Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.