Friday, September 19, 2008

The Clog is Gone, Gone Forever

I’ve you’ve followed the adventures of the ‘bob religiously (which is maybe all one of you), then you may recall the time when our whole drain system backed up. Well for whatever reason – most likely laziness on my part – I haven’t really mentioned it here, but our drains started acting up again early this year. They’ve been slow off and on, better some days than others, and we’ve tried all kinds of concoctions to remedy the situation. We’ve tried Drano, some enyme sh!t we got at Ace (you know, that place) that was supposed to clear slow drains using enzyme action, liquid Plumr, and we even tried nothing at all a handful of times.

Didn’t work. Not a single one of them.

We hadn’t really bothered too much with it, because it only happens in the tub (lowest point), and again, it was only slow, so it started holding water about the time our showers ended, typically. All that, however, came to an end a few days ago. We got in to take a shower (we often take them together – we’re sexy like that), and almost immediately it was backed up. By the end of the shower we were taking a bath up to our knees. (I could insert a dirty joke about how it was up to The Girl’s elbows right here if I was so inclined. I could, but I won’t)

Then yesterday, I washed the dishes using a
single sink-load of water. Later I went into the bathroom to do my unmentionables, and saw that that single sink-load had backed up into the tub. This was not going to suffice any longer.

So after my workout was finished (hey, I got priorities), I didn’t bother rolling up sleeves; I just took my shirt off and grabbed my drain auger. An hour later, after I worked it down the tub overflow pipe and out, I pulled it all back up and on the end of my auger was what I think might have been parts of a dead body. I think someone may have tried to stuff a body down my drain in bits & pieces to get rid of the evidence.

It may have worked; all I can really make out anymore is a huge lump of hair and what I can only describe as
crud. No, quite literally, I mean crud. Anyway, we’re all clear now. The drain works better than it ever has since we moved in here. For all we know, it could have been down there in some fashion since before we moved in. I also have speculation that our neighbors may be slightly at fault, too, though I’m not 100% on that.

See the property we’re renting is the larger of two facilities on this one subdivided property. We don’t pay the water bill because since it’s technically the same property, it’s supplied by the city water dept. Through the same pipes. I speculate that we also share the same sewage pipes to the main, too.

So clearly, anything that happens to our detriment here, is the fault of the damn neighbors.

Glad to see you’re all with me on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.