Sunday, September 21, 2008

Miles Health Update

To paraphrase Steve Jobs (who quoted Mark Twain), “The Rumors of [Miles’] Death are greatly exaggerated.”

Hey I don’t blame you though.
This was the worst yet I’d seem my Miles incapacitated. I was quite worried for his further longevity after this last episode, I really was. And though I say that after each incident – he is old now, after all – this time was more serious than the last few. However, it seems I had nothing to fear. We’re on day three of injured shoulder, and he’s not trying to get into the fray with the new guys again. Still walking with a little bit of a limp, but overall, he’s looking marvelous.

I say shoulder instead of ankle, da. I had assumed from his stance that it was his ankle/foot that was giving him heartache. I’m a bad daddy, apparently, as now I think that it
wasn’t his ankle, but probably his shoulder. And what’s worse, I think I got the side wrong, too. Not sure yet. Was pretty positive that it was at the least on his right side. Oops! Might be his left side. Sorry, buddy!

Anyway. We had planned on taking a two-day camping/hiking/off-roading trip to Crescent City today & tomorrow before my ol’ buddy got injured. Not sure if it’s going to happen now, but I’m debating it. We had thrown it clear off the table after he went lame those few days ago. Now it’s back on the table. He’s getting really good really fast is what I’m saying, and although he’s not 100% now, he could be perhaps good enough to enjoy the outing, especially by tomorrow.

Long Live
Miles! Long Live Miles! Hoorah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.