Sunday, September 21, 2008

Massive Weight Loss

I’ve always been a bit on the skinny side, but before we had left So Cal for Nor Cal, I had gotten myself up to about 180, 185lbs or so. I haven’t looked much at a scale in the last 3 years because it’s not a specific weight I’m going for, it’s a specific ability level & the associated physique. And before that, I was deeply concerned with my weight, and you know what? I, skinny random bob, managed to get a little tubby. I concentrated so hard on the scale’s dial that I got carried away trying to pack on pounds. I lost my six-pack abs, and that wasn’t going to do, dammit – they’re my centerpiece!

Anyway, yesterday I had the need to weigh myself, and I honestly haven’t look at a scale since well before we moved here. Just don’t need to really, and I know that I’ve lost some weight because my waist size has gone to about 30” as opposed to 32-33” in that time. And I just didn’t want to be secretly disappointed; after all, my over all goal is “more more more,” not “less less less.” But the puppies had needed to be weighed. We wanted to know who weighed more specifically,
Chase or Hunter. The Girl figured it to be Chase, I felt that while Hunter was shorter, he was more filled out. Turns out we were both wrong: they weigh exactly the same, down to the half-pound.

I don’t know how much they weigh. Finding that out right now means finding out how much
I weigh, and I’m still a little hesitant to face reality on that. But from what I saw yesterday and doing some quick math, I’m sure that I’ve lost weight. I estimate between 10-20 pounds. Yikes!

I’m still about the same strength, though. Some of my weights have gone up in the gym. I feel more physically fit. But I know I’ve shrunk. And I mean,
wow. The only thing that’s changed since we got up here has been our diet. We eat more holistically; organic fruits & veggies, organic, free-range cattle & other meats. I’d say a good 90% of our diet is local & organic. And with just that change, my body has shed some 10-20 pounds of… well, unnecessary weight.

I shudder to think what it all was. Bleh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.