Wednesday, September 17, 2008

McCain, Economy; Economy, McCain

The Fundamentals of our Economy are SOUND!
According to McCain, even though our financial sector is taking skydiving lessons sans parachute, “The fundamentals of our economy are still strong.” Hey there, John? You been watching the news over the last, oh I don’t know, 3 years?

Don’t worry, republican swine! You’re future leader isn’t
that dumb. He recanted. Slightly:



The American Workers are the “Fundamentals” of our Economy!
Really, John? Well that’s a strange definition of “Fundamentals” you’ve put out there. What? You’re serious? That’s your definition of “fundamentals”? Oh boy... But hey, yeah, just because I feel so bad for you (for having been steamrolled into picking Palin and looking like a complete Ass), I’ll let that one go. OK John, the “Fundamentals” of the economy are… people.

But, then…? How do you explain to the “Fundamentals” of our economy – the workers, that is – how if they’re so sound, a) they’re without a job, b) their wages have stagnated while the price of a home has jumped 200-300%, and all the while the fat-cats have been blessed with 1) tax breaks, 2) loosened oversight that has allowed them to run the middle-class into the ground, and 3) bailouts that send them packing with millions in “severance” for running their companies & workers into the ground?

Answer those questions honestly, sir, and I think you’ve lost yourself an election. And let’s just be blunt: I really am hoping you lose. And either way, your answers are enough: either you’re so far out of touch with reality that we can’t possibly trust your judgement, or b) you’re so far out of touch with reality that we cant’ possibly trust your judgement. I hope someone on the red side of the equation sees through your lies and spreads the word. I like living, and all.



My Feelings on the recent developments
This, if it continues, could be the beginning of the “New” “Great Depression.” I know it’s a scary thing to think of, but that’s important and precisely why we (as a nation) need to wake the f*ck up and vote the ‘pubs the hell outta office. Seriously, folks. This is how it all began back then, too: A decade or so of decadence, where everyone kept putting money into the market foolishly, even though the actual figures weren’t there to support it – people invested, and then more people invested because more people invested – an artificial and inaccurate assumption of net values.

Then, people started to notice that they were building their futures on a foundation of pudding.

Hey I’m not alone on this;
Obama agrees with me on the matter. In fact, I hurried home from work yesterday hoping that I’d get to be the first to make the correlation. Damn him, he beat me to it!

Sh!t people… you wanna vote for someone you think you’d enjoy a beer with? I really think that me, Obama, & Olbermann could have some pretty gnarly discussions over a couple of beers: two for them, and an iced tea for me (being the
non-drinking lightweight I am, and all).

Obama: A candidate I could have a beer with! Let’s vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.