Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Drive-by-Wire, & The Republican Insult comes unravelled

Drive-By-Wire takes getting used to

The new Tacoma – like a lot of new vehicles – uses a drive-by-wire throttle mechanism, whereby the gas pedal is not connected to the engine via a cable, but by electronic sensors. In the 4Runner, I can ‘feel’ the throttle, and it’s noticeably different when I’m approaching an incline: the 4Runner, I can sort of feel where I am and apply just enough additional pressure to get the tranny to downshift before it bogs down.

Not so in the Tacoma. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m not actually connected to the motor via my foot, or if it’s just a matter of getting used-to, but even though I try to step in just enough to downshift before I bog down, it hasn’t seem to happen that way.

I’m not trashing my new ride; just pointing out that it’s different. Might have to change the way I behave a little to get the most out of it.

Firs thing I’m going to do is try wearing pants. See if that makes a difference.



Speaking of Pants
Questions have arisen regarding the haste in which McCain chose Palin as VP. Is there really any question here? Obama didn’t choose Hilary, so he quickly chose a Republican Woman to try and gain that upper-hand.

It was not about choosing Palin; it was about choosing a female to try and get that voter base from Obama. Sort of a “hey look at me! Obama didn’t choose a woman, but
I did! Vote for me because obviously I’m more sympathetic to your needs!”

Turns out that this woman is sort of a monster, eh? I mean, she was a part of a party that
wanted her state to secede from the Union (though vaguely). She’s involved in an investigation into allegations she fired top advisors because they wouldn’t fire her ex-brother-in-law. And this anti-abortion, abstinence-is-the-way conformist also has a teenage daughter who’s pregnant, and – oh yeah! – plans on marrying the father. Shotgun wedding, anyone?

Gotta love the Republicans. Unless of course you can form complete sentences & think critically for yourself. But yeah, if you can’t do those two things, I’m sure you’d love the Republican platform. :-|

So are the dumbasses catching on yet? That they’re just pawns here? That they’re being played? Like fiddles? Yeah, you’re right: probably not. Four more years, huh? Dammit.



What a fun example!
Wow. Talk about an example blowing right up in your face, huh? Take a stance that abstinence is best and works, by golly! And then your own daughter winds up prego, so you force her into getting married so that it’s not illegitimate.

And, you know, rather than critically assess your own platform, maybe look at the stats & the reasoning, and conclude – like many researchers – that
sex is going to happen and the best way is probably education & access to the proper contraceptives & good care, you decide to just keep on preaching the same wrong song.

Gotta love those Republicans, eh? Yeah, me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.