Friday, June 5, 2009

An Exception (or two) to our Organic lifestyle

We do try rather hard to keep ourselves all-organic & pesticide-free, but there is an important exception we make in regards to the pups. Well, actually guess there’s one for us personally, too: cereal. Yeah. Have yet to find an organic cereal that tastes better than wet cardboard. Anyway, neither here nor there.


Yesterday I took the dogs out to the beach. We walked along the shore for awhile, and then we disappeared into the dunes 50-100 yards up the beach, and jogged back to the truck through & over them. I figured it would help keep the pups dry, and they wouldn’t need so much air-dry time when we got home before I could towel them off and let them inside to hang out with me.

However there was a downside. When I got home, in the first hour I was hanging about, I found not
one, not two, but THREE ticks crawling on me. Yikes.

So although they’re on an all-natural diet, eat a lot of organic table scraps, and generally are in better health than most mutts, we do dispense with the organic-ness when it comes to tick & flea protection. I mean crap, I’m hairless and had three of them on me, imagine a hairy dog, running through the bush without the protection of
Frontline Plus or some similar stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.