Thursday, June 4, 2009

Moving back to DSLR will require some website work

Most – oh who am I kidding – ALL of my image files for the galleries on this website were referenced masters held in iPhoto. Since I’m going back to DSLR, might as well go back to shooting RAW as well, which means… back to Aperture. Which isn’t bad at all. BUT, moving my library back over for management means deleting the old iPhoto library to avoid needless file duplication (and save hard drive space). Which means that my website software is choking on the fact that the files it’s expecting to see, no longer exist.


So I’m going to have to redo my galleries, at the whole-gallery level. Because I don’t think it’s going to allow me to add just one or two images to a list of not-present images and actually function.

So, gallery updates will be forthcoming. I’ll let you know as they’re updated. Expect ones of
the family to be updated first. Got some good shots of Chase & Hunter whilst ‘testing’ the new equipment, I’ll surely want to put those up first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.