Thursday, June 4, 2009

Planned changes to the Videos page(s)

I’ve been contemplating a few organizational changes to the website recently. I’ve already started a bit, mostly unnoticed and unspoken of. For instance, you may have noticed (or, probably not) the addition of a “bios” link in the menu bar. Why “about” and a “bios?”


Well actually, the new “bios” is the old “about.” I wanted to have a page for each person of immediate importance to this site, which was under the “about” link prior. But I decided that I needed an “about this website” page as well, and “about” more aptly describes that, whereas “bios” best describes the whole “hey this is what you need to know about this person/beast/super-awesome truck.”

Anyway. That’s been done already. Now the main thing that’s been taking up some thought time on the side is my
videos page. The way it works as of this writing, is that there’s ONE video page – the main page – and I have each “video” play right on that page. Which is cool, except that it means I cannot link to any specific video. For instance, I’ve in the past mentioned the addition of a new video, and said “hey go check out the video on the videos page” and then go on to say “it’s THIS ONE, check out THIS ONE” and do that by name, not by link.

Now I think I will change that. I’m going to set up the main page as a gallery page still, but each thumbnail will link to a specific page with that movie . This way, I can link directly to the movies from other pages (such as this one). This isn’t really an issue of yet, as I have a magical
Ten whole videos listed & hosted. But if I do end up with a better camera body, you can bet it will shoot video too, and Hi-Def at that. So you can imagine that I’ll probably be more inclined to share some Hi-Def goodness, then, of our escapades (sorry, no sexcapades shall be posted).

Stay tuned: more changes you don’t care about and will never notice, on the way soon to an internet near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.