Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A bit of Irony: The local Titty Bar

Of All the Ironies in All the World…

A few nights ago (as I was making the bed to get in and sleep the night away), I got a call. It was a good friend of The Girl’s, and she called to tell me/us that she was going to be celebrating her birthday that night, and she was to be having this bash at The Tip Top Club. The Tip Top Club is a local (the only) strip club around these parts.

She’s bisexual, by the way. Yes, she’s every guy’s dream girl. Well, half of the dream, at least.

So The Girl went. Which means, she’s now been to a strip club, whereas I have not. See the irony? My girl has been to the titty bar to see hot, naked women rub up on everyone. I have not. This is just too weird.

I
would have gone, but I had to be at work @ 6:30am the next morning. The call came in around 11:30pm. Wasn’t in the cards.



This is why women are so much cooler than men, btw
Okay, so imagine a couple (heterosexual, please). Now, imagine that they are gearing up for a night out. Never, I repeat, never, would a girl bring up an idea that involved a place with men stripping to nothing and both would enjoy it.

It
does seem to work the other way, though. You can take your girl to an establishment that involves scantily-clad women getting non-clad and rubbing themselves on you. Everyone is happy.

Yes, women rock.



In the “Strange Things” department
The Girl got home around 3:30am and felt like chatting. Apparently seeing lots of nipples helps you forget that your significant other has to work early the next morning. Anyway. So we’re chatting and she tells me that they didn’t serve alcohol there. I think it came up when I asked how plastered everyone got, and made sure she wasn’t drinking then driving. Anyway. The don’t serve alcohol. Yep. Not even a titty bar, I guess, what with no “bar” and all.

The Girl said that she thought it helped keep customers from getting out of control. I agreed, but it creates another problem: lost profits. Drunk people spend more. So, more tips. More money on booze. You know, because drunk people may not like $4 beer
at first, but a few later and it seems like a great deal!

The next day, The Girl is poking around on the web, looking for information on the club. And here’s the “Strange Things” hook: They’re an RV sales lot. Yeah, no joke. They sell RV’s, apparently.

You see, they are not serving alcohol because
they’re not zoned to serve alcohol there; it’s technically an RV sales lot. And all those naked women shoving faces in crotches?

Sales girls.

Man, I
LOVE this place! And I haven’t even been there!

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.