Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Blackmailed, divided by two

So this morning, Debt Recovery Solutions called. This is normal. I hear from them once every couple of weeks, sometimes a little more frequently. They’re the ones that had been tasked with collecting on the Sprint PCS account I had told you about a few days ago. They wanted to collect their $563…


I told them like I’ve been telling everyone involved since February of 2006: The disputed amount is
not $563. That’s a lie they’ve been telling themselves. The amount in dispute is $300: the “early termination fees” that they charged me TWICE – once per phone on the family plan – that I refuse to pay. That I refused to pay because I only cancelled the contract with them because they could not perform on their end of the contract. You know, that pesky “phone service” I was paying them for.


Anyway. I explained the situation to the guy. This guy actually listened. Talked to his supervisor. Asked to split the difference. I said “no.” I talked to the supervisor. Explained the situation
again. He relented and agreed with the assessment. Hell he’s got all of the paperwork right in front of him. And guess what? He accepted the offer to pay for the usage amount.

Done. Fín.

Now why couldn’t that have happened
three months ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.