Monday, May 26, 2008

Catch & Release, & Memorial Day

Catch & Release

Maybe you’ve heard of this movie, it came out in 2006 and stars Jennifer Garner as a near-widower who finds out a lot about her near-husband after his death.

It’s one of those ‘romantic’ type movies, a
girly movie if you will. But it’s not bad. It also wasn’t that great, but I wasn’t as displeased with it as I feared I might be. In fact I wasn’t displeased at all! Sure some of the story is kinda wimpy and some of the character motivation & decisions are out there… but it deals with a hard topic and it doesn’t define good guys & bad guys like we always tend to; the people we are supposed to root for have led flawed lives and make decisions that are not stellar, much as we might make. It’s almost like a glimpse into real life, which I like.

If you’re not into
girly movies this won’t change your mind. If you don’t think Jennifer Garner is a hottie this won’t change your mind. But if you can stand a romantic comedy or a just plain-old-romantic film, then you might just be able to bear this one more than most. That’s what I’m saying.

Grade? Let’s say I give it a
B-.



Happy Memorial Day!
Hope you are going to do something fun with it. I’ll probably be working out and making lunch, that’s about it today for me. Especially seeing as how it’s now 9am and I haven’t accomplished much of yet, so I’m late to the party I guess.

Strange thing, though.
The Girl is possibly going to be taking the dogs out for a nice day trip with a friend of hers. This never happens. She will be taking the dogs while I stay home alone. I think the dogs are going to be a little confused.

I say “possibly” because it’s dependent on the weather. Right now it’s sort of misting lightly and they say it might rain. Of course it was supposed to rain two days ago and yesterday too, both of which were perfectly dry and even sunny. But yeah it’s misting already so it’s got a jump on the day I guess.

Maybe the dogs won’t have to be confused after all :-P

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.