Saturday, May 31, 2008

Democrats try to settle FL, MI debate, & Hybrid Talk

Democrats argue over Michigan, Florida

So the states’ delates were thrown out for holding runnings too early, but since Clinton won in those states, she would like to have those state’s delegates seated.

Does that about cover it?

Talk about desperate. I’m willing to bet my liberalness that if the shoe was on the other foot, Cinderella would not be trying to get them seated. She should just say it: “I want to have these state’s delegates seated even though I am a part of the party that agreed to not seat them because without them I’m going to lose my campaign. Er, earlier than I’m going to lose without them.”

Obama-Clinton 2008 for the win!



Yahoo titles: Like reading Us Weekly
I open Yahoo this morning, and I see an Article Headline something like this: Is it Worth it to Buy a Hybrid?

Let’s see, gas well above $4 a gallon, times ~15 gallons to fill up, times how many fill-ups a month, times 12, times years… Yeah, it’s worth the extra $3,000-$4,000 to get the hybrid model if you’re shopping anyway.

It’s seriously like reading those damn variety mags in the supermarket line: “Angelina & Brad having twins! Did they do it?”

I’m thinking yeah, they probably ‘did it’ a few times.



Except maybe for these Hybrids
GM apparently only sold one-twelfth of the amount of Hybrid, Large SUV’s they had hoped. Looking at their stats, though, they’re hardly hybrids in performance. 20mpg? Get real.

I think GM is missing the point: People want hybrids not for the nameplate, not for the badge, but for the real-world savings. 20mpg? They can get better than that from a non-hybrid Toyota.

Let me throw my hat in the ring on this one: When Toyo makes available a Hybrid version of the 4Runner (I love my 4Runner), I will be severly interested. Mind you, hybrid or no, if you’re not in the market to buy a new vehicle then no matter what shopping for one is dumb… But if I’m in the market & one is available? Like stink on sh!t, mang, like stink on sh!t.

Of course I fully expect Toyota’s Hybrid SUV’s will probably get 40mpg. You know, like a hybrid is supposed to. Silly GM.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.