Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yahoo title hilarity, Hilarity Clinton, & Housing

Yahoo makes corny attempt at humorous article title

So this asshole that’s responsible for creating both *NSYNC & The Backstreet Boys, is going to prison. And surprisingly enough, it’s not for having created *NSYNC & The Backstreet Boys.

Nope, apparently it’s because other than perpetrating those horrid bands on the public, he also swindled old folks out of their life savings. $300 million-worth. Ouch.

Title on Yahoo’s front page for the piece? ‘Bye Bye Bye to Boy-Band Manager.’ Now
that’s class, baby.



Clinton fighting until the end
I would say that she should really just give up the ghost on this one right now. What exactly does she expect to happen in the next month or so that would turn around her failing campaign?

Perhaps lightning? Lupus? I dunno.

Girl, give it up.



Housing Market expected to turn around by end of year?
I don’t know about what I’ve heard in this regard recently. I mean, on one hand it would be prudent to start shopping now if the pundits are right.

On the other hand… when have they been right about it? Didn’t they predict that last year? And then it slid more than ever on record after that? Almost seems to me like they’re trying to create a rush that
will end the housing slump, you know? And I would hate to be the one losing his shirt because he thought it would turn around, when it didn’t.

I think I’ll continue to wait. Though currently
The Girl is researching modular & manufactured homes and blank property prices. I think we’re a promotion or two away from that at the moment myself, but hey, doesn’t hurt to keep tabs on what’s up, right? That way we’re prepared when the time comes.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.