Friday, May 9, 2008

Jujutsu Day 2, & Jesse James' Movie

Yesterday, Throws; tomorrow, the world

So yesterday we learned/practiced some parrying moves & throws. They felt natural and good.

Tomorrow, I will conquer the class and then move to take over the world with my newfound abilities.



The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
I know that’s a mouthful, but it is actually, really-truly, the title of a movie that came out around October 2007. It stars Angelina Jolie’s supposedly handsome boyfriend, Brad Pitt.

It was a long movie. We started it last night because The Girl got home early and we were bored. It was a decently-good movie. The acting was good, and it kept you engaged, though it was what I might call a “quiet” film. I also saw for the second time in 3 movies the face of
Casey Affleck. He did the part well.

I found the film slightly humorous in the way that it was framed. Well, humorous and enlightening.

I mean, “The Assassination” of Jesse James, by the “Coward” Robert Ford. So you know, Jesse James, the robber and murderer, was “assassinated” by the “Coward” who brought his reign to an end. Seems backwards, right? But that was the lore. James was like a Robin Hood in the tales. He wasn’t, and he killed innocent people, but that was apparently a lost point in the stories of the bandit.

So yeah, it was long & quiet, but overall well done. I say it gets a
solid B.

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.