Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jujutsu, Work, & Play

images
What’s up with the Jujutsu
I’m quitting. Kind of. Here, let me explain.

The new additions to our family, being the young pups they are, need time and attention. Those 2-½ hours I’m at Jujutsu practice 2-3 times a week, well that’s their training time! That’s their play time. That’s the time they need to form good, healthy bonds. And since I want to leave them to their own devices as little as possible, that’s also more than likely (what with The Girl’s work schedule) 2-½ hours of time they have unattended to destroy more stuff.

I plan to go back, once they’re more acclimated to their new surroundings, and once they are trustworthy enough to leave at home for two
additional hours alone. But right now, and for probably the next 6-8 months, that’s simply not the case.



Work is (hopefully) going well
The transition to a new store has been 10 days in the making now. It’s been kinda weird because although everything’s the same, everything is also slightly different. And for the first few days/nights, I was just trying to get my bearings. Which was difficult, because I’d be trying to think through my mental task list, and that list would resemble more of the store I came from than the store I as at, and then I’d get some wires crossed and really just end up a little off track, honestly.


But that’s calming down now. I’m getting into a slight groove, and now when I close I’m able to get us out of there quicker than the employees are ready for. I’m feeling good enough about it & getting done fast enough, that I’m prepping the morning paperwork before I leave at night. I get ready to walk the floor sooner than everyone’s prepared (through years of training) to be ready for.

Hopefully, it’s because I’m getting that good, not because I’m wholly missing some important piece. Hopefully.



Vacation begins in 3, 2, 1…
I’m so giddy I could almost fall asleep. No really, this is a good thing. I could use the rest. I think I may have mentioned it, but just in case: were you aware this is my first real vacation in like 7 years? I can’t wait.

Or I can wait about 3 days. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.