Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Movie: Invincible

So I totally forgot to write anything about it, but yeah, we saw Invincible about two weeks ago. My bad.

Well actually, not quite. You see, it was the movie featured in
this recent blog about Netflix Rocking (if you read that one).

Anyway, the movie. It’s a Disney adventure, if you didn’t know, that’s only loosely
based on a true story. What, did you think Pocahontas Really sang in perfect english? Yeah, anyway... The characters are real, the era is real, the basic outline is real. But did I mention it’s a Disney movie? Which means that of course, everything in between is complete fluff. The good guy is 100% good, the bad guys are all 100% a**holes, and “The Girl” is of course both beautiful, smart, and perfectly in-tune with the hobbies & interests of the good guy. You meet her near the beginning, and it’s not like there’s any doubt that she’s going to get f*cked by the end. You know, except it’s a Disney movie, so no one ever has sex. Sort of puts a damper on the whole f*cked idea I know, but hey: it’s not like we didn’t fill in the blanks.

The movie is OK. Just OK. Not even really all that good, really. I thought I’d take a chance on it because of the Star Power. I like
Marky Mark dammit, he typically does a good job picking out roles and them playing them (seen The Departed? Yeah). Of course, there are exceptions, right (seen Shooter? Yeah). This movie, I must say is one of those exceptions.

I’d have preferred they called it “Invisible,” and made it as such, as well. That way I could have skipped it.

It’s just not – as I said – that
good. It’s not worth watching. If you’ve ever seen a Disney movie before, then you already know what happens, and there’s not really much of a surprise in store for you. And since you know how it’s all going to play out – how the fluff is fluffed, you could say – it’s just not ever interesting. You get bored. Immediately.

Such a forgettable movie. So much so, in fact, that I forgot to blog about it for two weeks. Fittingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.