Sunday, July 6, 2008

Lost Dogs!

IMG_3251small
Yeah, we’ve done this before. But this time it’s different. They’re plural. And they’re Labs. A brown & a black one. And so damn cute!


Last time we quickly looked for a home. But last time it was a Pit Bull of unknown origin. This time, they’re two cute, young Labrador pups, maybe 6 months old thereabouts, and we’re quickly looking for a way to keep them. We can’t, of course, we’re renting a small place with a small yard. But we will. I am pretty sure about it, that unless someone calls to get them, we’re not going to go too far out of our way this time to find a place for them.

I mean don’t get me wrong, we made a call or two already. Called the animal shelter to report them found. Funny thing, they said they could send someone by to pick them up, to which I replied “no.” And there was silence, because they weren’t sure what the hell was going on.

“Just calling to report it, so if anyone calls in, they can be reunited.”

Still though, I’m thinkin’ that if someone really cared, we’d have gotten a call already.


So then? What shall we name these two new little guys? We already have
Miles & Zoey. I had been teasing that when we got a replacement for Miles, we’d have to name him Kilo (for Kilometer), in keeping with the unit of measurement theme. So since the brown one reminds me more of Miles’ temperament, I’m thinking he gets to be Kilo. The black one? I dunno. Inch, maybe. Yard? That doesn’t really work.

Eh. Maybe I’ll have to drop the whole unit-of-measurement theme. I’ll let you know when I decide what’s up.

Peace. (click the pic for a large version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.