Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father’s Day
Hey, if you’re a dad, this day’s for you. Special, just from me. Remember that. No one else on earth would dedicate a whole day to you; except for random bob. Random bob is your friend. And random bob accepts donations.




Unfortunately for me, my kids bark
I don’t get much in the way of gifts or cards on Father’s Day. My kids bark and lick themselves, so it’s not like they’re fully aware that this particular day of the year is in fact set aside (by me, no less) to celebrate me.

But it’s OK. I forgive them. They wag & lick me enough the other 364 days a year. I know they love me. Or at least they love feeding time, it’s hard to tell sometimes. But I typically feed them, so I guess it’s almost one in the same, eh? Maybe to them.



Random bob isn’t the greatest with holidays himself, anyhow
I tend to forget my own birthday, so it’s not like I can blame them. Hell, I will look at a calendar, see that a particular celebration is fast approaching… then still manage to be utterly surprised that it’s now Christmas or something.

You know, like “it’s
what? Crap I didn’t go shopping for anyone!” Yeah that’s me. That’s why I try to get into the presents groove sometime in October. Because if I haven’t gotten you anything by December 1st you’re not getting anything but a card, because I’ve officially forgotten.

Sorry to say, but that’s what the card meant. I’ll try to get you shopped up before 12/1 this year, I promise.

Still though, don’t hold your breath. Just in case.



What did the ‘bob do for Dad’s Day?
I sent mine a nice (well at least I thought as much) photo book compiled of pictures we have taken since our move up here. Sort of a picture book to mirror a visit. How is it here? It’s like in the book, silly!

It was really easy for me. I use a Mac and installed is iPhoto, which allows me to create books and then order through Kodak or whoever.
They’re nice, I’ve done two or three before. Everyone says it’s a great gift, but the thing is it’s not something you can give over and over again. I mean, one photo book is an awesome idea. The second? Not so much. And by the time you give a third, it’s pretty apparent that you’re not putting much thought into the idea of a gift.

So they’re great when used sparingly. So far, that’s three I’ve done in 3 years, and they’ve all gone to different peeps. I think they still have that allure, thanks to such sparing utilization.

And besides, anyone with an internet connection could take a gander themselves. I mean, I
do have a lot of photos up here. Hell, I ought to just send a card out with an internet address. Sort of “Hey love you! Visit this site for photo book effect.” Would definitely be cheaper for me that way.

Somehow I don’t think it would have the same ring to it, though.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.