Thursday, June 12, 2008

Published works, Vacation Days, & Good-Riddance Morning TV

Finally!
Random bob’s photos get published. For commercial use, no less! But, uh, it’s only having some of my photos printed at work for a display, so maybe it’s not that cool. But hey, still – how many of YOU can say that your pictures have been published?


Oh really? That many of you? Huh. OK, I guess I’ll shut up now.



Vacation Day update
I spoke with my current store manager about the vacation days I had planned to see what I needed to do about those dates. Lucky me, she said she had conferred with my soon-to-be store manager, and they transferred over my vacation dates already.

Whew! Now I don’t have to try and reschedule a week and a half of doing nothing! Might have been a true bind right there, had I been required to attempt it.



Good Aggravation America
I am swearing off of the morning “news” stuff. I mean, I’ve never really been a big fan or anything mind you, but yeah I tune in occasionally so that I can catch the weather if nothing else, and keep up with current events. But I tire so easily of the small focus and over-dramatics; I just don’t think I can do it any longer and have hair, too.

Today’s stories were about some recent high-school grads
SCUBA-diving in Cancun, when their boat – that was some 100 yards off shore – started to sink, and they had to swim for their lives! OK yeah it sucks, but let’s put this in perspective: You’re 100 yards from shore. In warm, blue waters. In Cancun. It’s not like you’re being thrown of Black Beard’s ship in the middle of the Atlantic, right? Sucky the small craft sunk, but get over it. But MAN! To hear these morning-whores tell it, it was a tragic accident waiting to happen that nearly took the lives of 5,000 civilians. And you know what else? All the people that were on the ship – on a SCUBA-diving trip – were there against there will, held by terrorists, and couldn’t swim. Most of them were paraplegics, half of them were bound & gagged, and it might have been an attempt to free Al Queda suspects in Guantanamo.

The other story was one of a
Tornado ripping through the Boy Scout Camp in some Mid-Eastern State. 4 died. This is sad, but they spent some 30 minutes harping on it, as if there weren’t 30 other tornadoes that same day (there were), that killed more people in other places (they did). But oh MAN! BOY SCOUTS! IN TROUBLE! MUST COVER WITH SUPER-SAD FACE! Yeah it’s sad, but so is lots of other things that happened, too. Cover it and move on, you know?

But they can’t. They’re morning-whores, and they can only focus on simple issues with clearly-defined good guys and clearly-defined bad guys, and then repeat the issue verbatim over and over for at least 1-½ hours. In case we didn’t get how sad it was, and how obviously-caring they truly, truly are.

Yeah I’m through with that. I’ll stick with reading my news from actual news sources, thanks.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.