Monday, June 16, 2008

We're Thinking of Moving

CRW_5116
Not far or anything, don’t get all “ah HA! I told you!” on me or anything. If you remember about a week ago I mentioned that I was being transferred to a store about 17 miles away from where we are now. Well the thought had crossed our minds to perhaps move that direction, seeing as how that’s sort of eventually where we want to end up. Well we both had today off, and thought it would be a good idea to venture down there. Sort of get an idea of the timing & the distance.


Well it turns out that my estimations are pretty damn good. What did I say? 20 minutes & 17 miles? In actuality it was 18 miles & 19 minutes door-to-stoplight-in-front-of-store. Not bad!

We think it’s absolutely gorgeous there, as well. It’s more removed from the city, and that’s what we like about it. Generally, where we are now, we spend our time going to places like that instead. As in, trips away from the city. Not far mind you, our “city” is not a sprawling jungle quite yet. But still, we try to venture out to the beach, to the rivers, the deltas… someplace that is patently
not the city. We simply don’t do much in town. Shop occasionally? Twice a month or so. Catch the symphony a few times a year. That’s about it. I mean the hookers here aren’t that great anyway, so it’s not like I’m missing anything in that regard either (delete before posting).

So what’s left? Yeah the gas expense will still be there if
The Girl remains @ her current job, but there’s some places around there she might be able to pick up comparable work. And then when I DO rotate back to town, the gas expense would be about the same as if I was in town and working there anyway, but at least home life would be more awesome, right?

Unless of course The Girl is stuck working at her in-town job, and
then I rotate back to the city… then we’re both driving into town 18-20 miles, and the gas expense doubles…

We’re thinking about it. Which really means that at this point, I have assigned
The Girl to research homes in that area. And also told her that if she can find a job down that direction, we’ll do it if she still wants to.

Thinking is such hard work!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.