Saturday, June 28, 2008

New Workout Routines, Movies, & Jujutsu Legs

images
New Workouts begun
My vacation schedule is coming up in late July (here shortly anymore!), and I want to take some of that time to really stress my muscles something fierce. But before that, I want to take a breather, and switch things up so that I get the most of my impending hardcore push.

For the last few weeks I have been stressing form, going for lighter weights and higher reps (as I detailed a bit here), and now that I’ve done that for 3 or so rotations, it’s time to move on. For the next two weeks, I plan to do some oddball exercises, stuff that’s not really in a book anywhere. I can’t even describe to you what it is I do. I just load up some weight, and move it around from place to place using different motions. Sort of a lumberjack workout I guess you could say.

The idea being that it will work out muscles in ways that they don’t normally work when doing very set, organized workout routines. And it works, I guess. Yesterday was day one. Today, my hamstrings are sore (mostly my left), and a little bit in my biceps & chest & shoulders, too. I mean, really: what’s the last thing you did that got you sore in that many different spots?

Lumberjack workout, HOOOO!!



Two more movies; hopefully better than the previous two
Well we finally got some more movies from Netflix, although about a week late due to the failure of our mail guy to show up on one of their scheduled pickup days (last Saturday). What’d we get? Polar opposite films.

The first is
Lord Of War. I’m kinda confused as to what I feel I should expect from this movie. I like the premise, I like the point, and it gets OK reviews… but it stars Nicolas Coppola, that schmuck from National Treasures 1 & Dumber. Seriously, I have liked a total of ONE of his films. And that might have been mostly because I think that Téa Leoni is kinda hot. I might have actually ignored him throughout the entire film, I can’t recall much, really.

The other is a recent comedy starring
Steve Carell from The Office, titled Dan in Real Life. He’s got a certain funny about him and although I could easily stand to forget The 40 Year-Old Virgin, I have liked most of what I’ve seen of him, even though this particular film hasn’t gotten the most rave of reviews. So it’s sort of a toss-up. Anyway, we have it. And as far as I’m concerned, there’s no way it could ever hope to compete with There Will Be Blood. Have you seen it? No? Good for you.

Reviews to follow, but it will be some time before that happens. Me &
The Girl don’t have a night off together until a week from Sunday. So unless she gets off a little early tonight and feels like popping in a movie, we’re out of movie commission for a week or more.



Jujutsu-Leg strikes again
I haven’t been often this month because of conflicting schedules with work & the occasional “I’m too tired to go tonight,” but this morning I did make it to. But I got up so harshly tis morning that I really think I probably should have pulled a “I’m too tired to go” and skipped it.

I was warming up and went into a few tucked rolls, and when I came up from the last one I did, I could barely actually get up into stance. I’m not too sure what I did, I was kinda hopping it was just a Charlie-Horse or something like that, but I could not continue the day without pain. Something was clearly amiss on the outside of my right buttock. I think I might have pulled something.

And it’s not like I even really accomplished that much today. I mean, I guess any practice is good practice, but I didn’t learn much new. I really should have called it a day and stayed in bed until class was over.

Hindsight, ay?

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You get a cookie.